On October 10th – 12th, the Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions will hold its 2018 Annual Conference at the Vinoy Renaissance, St. Petersburg, FL.
The theme of this year’s conference will be: Allied Health education on the front lines -- expanding access to better health and health care.
Interested parties are invited to contribute to the program by submitting abstracts to be presented in one of two formats:
1. Paper Presentation during a 40-minute Concurrent Session, or
2. Poster Presentation during a two-hour Poster Session.
ASAHP reserves the right to make a final decision regarding whether a presentation will be made in the form of a paper or poster.
2018 Featured Topics
Social determinants of health/culture of health
Beyond the classroom – innovations in IPP
- Be submitted via the abstract submissions website using the template below.
- Be no more than 200 words single-spaced, formatted in Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Specify the Topic which best characterizes the abstract
- Be submitted by Friday, June 15, 2018 *Deadline extended to June 22, 2018 at 11:59 PM*
Abstract MUST include following Sections:
- Hypothesis/Issue to be addressed – May be a scientific hypothesis, a clinical issue, a population to be served, an educational need etc.
- Method – Experimental design, clinical approach, educational model, etc.
- Observations/Outcomes – experimental data, clinical or educational outcome, etc.
- Please capitalize the entirety of the Abstract’s title
- List names of author(s) using no titles or degrees, followed by the Institution affiliation in parenthesis.
- Ex: Submitting an Abstract for Presentation: Jane Doe (University of Health Studies)
- Presentations should include a one-paragraph biographical description of the lead presenter.
Accepted Abstracts Information:
- Accepted abstracts will be listed in the conference program-at-a-glance and event mobile app. Responsibility for accuracy rests with the author.
- If the abstract is accepted for presentation, only the lead author will be notified in July/August 2018.
- Timely registration and payment for the conference are a pre-requisite for presenters. Regardless of how much of the annual conference they will be attending, all presenters must register for the conference and are responsible for their own expenses including the registration fee, lodging, and travel. Please check the website for information about registration and hotel reservations.
- Participants are also responsible for any additional presentation expenses, including but not limited to Internet access and enhanced sound system capabilities.
- It may not be possible to accommodate all requests for concurrent session presentations, and applicants may be requested to present using the poster format.
- Each lead author will be limited to only one concurrent session and one poster presentation.
- An author must be present and registered for the conference to present a poster or concurrent presentation.
If at any time you would like to withdraw an abstract, please contact Jacoby Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.