On October 18th – 20th, the Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions will hold its 2017 Annual Conference at the San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, San Antonio, TX.
The theme of this year’s conference will be: ASAHP at 50 - Reflections on the past, a window to the future of healthcare.
Interested parties are invited to contribute to the program by submitting abstracts to be presented in one of two formats:
1. Paper Presentation during a 40-minute Concurrent Session, or
2. Poster Presentation during a two-hour Poster Session.
ASAHP reserves the right to make a final decision regarding whether a presentation will be made in the form of a paper or poster.
2017 Featured Topics
Innovations in Rehabilitation
Next Steps in Interprofessional Education
Improvements in the Culture of Health
Best Practices in Veterans Health Care
Other (must be related to allied health)
- Be submitted via the abstract submissions website using the template below.
- Be no more than 200 words single-spaced, formatted in Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Specify the Topic which best characterizes the abstract
- Be submitted by Friday, June 23, 2017
Abstract MUST include following Sections:
- Hypothesis/Issue to be addressed – May be a scientific hypothesis, a clinical issue, a population to be served, an educational need etc.
- Method – Experimental design, clinical approach, educational model, etc.
- Observations/Outcomes – experimental data, clinical or educational outcome, etc.
- Please capitalize the entirety of the Abstract’s title
- List names of author(s) using no titles or degrees, followed by the Institution affiliation in parenthesis.
- Ex: Submitting an Abstract for Presentation: Jane Doe (University of Health Studies)
- Presentations should include a one-paragraph biographical description of the lead presenter.
Accepted Abstracts Information:
- Accepted abstracts will be listed in the conference program-at-a-glance and event mobile app. Responsibility for accuracy rests with the author.
- If the abstract is accepted for presentation, only the first author will be notified in July 2017.
- Timely registration and payment for the conference are a pre-requisite for presenters. Regardless of how much of the annual conference they will be attending, all presenters must register for the conference and are responsible for their own expenses including the registration fee, lodging, and travel. Please check the website for information about registration and hotel reservations.
- Participants are also responsible for any additional presentation expenses, including but not limited to Internet access and enhanced sound system capabilities.
- It may not be possible to accommodate all requests for concurrent session presentations, and applicants may be requested to present using the poster format.
- Each lead author will be limited to only one concurrent session and one poster presentation.
- An author must be present and registered for the conference to present a Poster.
If at any time you would like to withdraw an abstract, please contact Jacoby Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.