Institution: MCPHS University
Address: 179 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 United States
Job Title: Dean, School of Medical Imaging and Therapeutics
Job Description: The Dean, School of School of Medical Imaging and Therapeutics, is responsible for supervising five departments, including 17 faculty and staff and 289 students enrolled in six undergraduate degree and certificate programs on campuses in Boston and Worcester, Massachusetts, and through MCPHS Online. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost, the Dean directly supervises five program directors/department chairs: Diagnostic Medical Imaging, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Radiography, and Radiation Therapy. In addition, the Dean is responsible for expanding enrollment and clinical affiliations, developing new programs in medical imaging and related areas, and advising the senior administration on innovations in healthcare delivery and education.
- Provide dynamic and effective leadership for the School, building an esprit de corps among the School’s faculty, staff and students.
- Ensure the School’s success in contributing to the teaching, scholarship and service missions of the University.
- Develop effective interventions to maximize student retention and licensure success;
- Ensure oversight of the implementation, evaluation (including outcomes assessment) and continuous improvement of the School’s academic programs.
- Sustain full accreditation of all professional degree programs offered within the School.
- Collaborate effectively with admission and recruitment staff to market the School’s academic programs, enhance the applicant pool, and grow enrollments consistent with University goals and resources.
- Manage the School’s budget consistent with the University’s financial goals, policies and procedures.
- Effectively and proactively represent the University’s vision and mission, strategic goals, and policies and procedures, as well as administrative decisions, to the School’s faculty, staff and students.
- Ensure consistency of the School’s goals and plans with those of the University and communicate such, along with resource needs, to senior administration.
- Demonstrate initiative, autonomy and effectiveness in daily management and in making executive decisions with respect to the School’s academic programs, faculty, staff, students, applicable) and the University’s policies and procedures, resulting in their consistent and predictable application in diverse situations.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in hiring, developing, and evaluating faculty and staff, and handling personnel matters that arise.
- Collaborate effectively across Schools and Departments to achieve School and institutional goals.
- Collaborate effectively with student services and administrative offices to meet School and University goals, and serve the School’s student population.
- Provide effective oversight and leadership in developing new programs, as well as innovative delivery methods (including online pathways) to expand the reach and appeal of existing programs.
- Seek external resources to support the School’s programs and initiatives, through grants and contracts, and in collaboration with the University’s development office.
- Successfully enhance the visibility and recognition of the School and its respective programs with key stakeholders and constituents in the community and the respective professions.
- Serve as requested on various University committees.
- Develop reports as requested by the Provost and other University administrators.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the Provost.
- A master’s degree and licensure in DMS, MRI, NMT, Radiography or Radiation Therapy required
- A doctoral degree in health sciences, higher education or a related field preferred
- Three to five years of experience at the level of Department Chair, Assistant Dean or above
- Evidence of substantial leadership experience/ability through collaboration with clinical partners, community and professional outreach programs as well as professional associations
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong innovative and collaborative skills with an exceptional capacity for working as part of a team
- Excellent written, oral and inter-professional communication skills, including public speaking skills appropriate for diverse audiences in higher education
- Knowledge of higher education practice and policies, curriculum design, and assessment of student learning using various technologies
MCPHS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a substantial health/dental insurance subsidy, generous holiday/vacation policy, and a significant pension plan contribution.
To apply, please visit https://careers-mcphs.icims.com/jobs/2793/dean%2c-school-of-medical-imaging-and-therapeutics/job Attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who would enrich the University’s diversity are welcome to apply.
For nearly 200 years, MCPHS University, formerly known as Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, has been at the forefront of innovation in the healthcare world. We take pride in our history, yet are motivated by a curiosity about the future. That’s why we are constantly updating our state-of-the-art labs, innovating our curriculums, and adding programs to coincide with the needs of an ever-changing healthcare landscape.
Faculty and staff continue to bring their talents and skills to MCPHS University to contribute to our mission of guiding and supporting students toward successful and sustainable careers in healthcare. Whatever position an employee holds, their efforts make an important impact on the overall quality of campus life. Employees are an integral part of a community that is proud of its heritage and the accomplishments that make MCPHS University a first-class educational institution.