JOB TITLE: Director of Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Director provides leadership and direction to faculty, staff and students to facilitate planning, development and implementation of the UTHSC QEP. This position manages the documentation and reporting requirements and ensures alignment with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) standards. The Director is responsible for recommending adjustments to the plan on the basis of assessment data to achieve the desired student learning outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborate with faculty, staff, students and executive leadership to design and establish new policies, procedures, pedagogies, and professional development to achieve the QEP goals.
2. Compose the formal written QEP to accompany the institutional compliance certification for submission to SACSCOC.
3. Facilitate the day to day implementation of initiatives and strategies of the QEP.
4. Ensure QEP implementation is sustained through continuous input and participation from faculty, staff, students and executive leadership.
5. Ensure that co-curricular and other activities that are beyond the scope of the QEP are coordinated with the QEP’s goals and strategies.
6. In coordination with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness, develop and manage the QEP assessment plan
7. Prepare annual impact reports and present findings to institutional stakeholders
8. Ensure compliance with SACSCOC standards and develop the fifth-year report for submission to SACSCOC.
9. Perform other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Doctoral degree in Health Sciences, Curriculum & Instruction, Higher Education, or related field. Three (3) years of teaching experience in higher education and at least three years of related administrative experience. Demonstrated knowledge, interest and competence in social determinants of health.
- Five (5) years of teaching experience in higher education and at least three (3) years of related administrative experience.
- Knowledge of higher education assessment and accreditation.
- Knowledge of structure and operations of an academic health science center.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner in an environment that honors shared governance.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods.
- Project management skills and budgetary skills.
- Experience as a faculty member or administrator at an academic health science center.
University of Tennessee Health Science Center