Assistant/Associate Professor of Nutritional Sciences, Department of Nutritional Sciences, College of Allied Health, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK
One full-time consecutive-term position for 9 or 12 months is available. Starting date is Fall 2019. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• PhD (or equivalent) in nutrition or related field required at time of appointment
• Registered Dietitian for three or more years at time of appointment
• Eligibility for Oklahoma dietetic licensure
• Registration with Commission of Dietetic Registration and current membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
• Familiar with the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) standards, procedures and requirements for dietetic programs
• Classroom teaching experience
• Research experience
• Service to the profession
• Experience or possess an interest in interprofessional education and collaboration
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The individual filling this position will have primary responsibility in the teaching area, but the position will also entail research/scholarly activity, administrative, and service responsibilities outlined as follows:
• Teach courses at the undergraduate, professional and graduate levels
• Recruit, mentor and advise students at all levels
• Participate in interprofessional education and faculty development
• Participate in the research agenda of the department and campus
• Serve on department, college and university committees and provide service to the community
HOW TO APPLY: We encourage electronic submission by emailing to email@example.com. The application packet should include a cover letter; resume/curriculum vitae; letters of references from 3 individuals qualified to evaluate your potential as a faculty member; and candidate’s statement of research interests and professional goals. If mailing your application, it should be addressed to Leah Hoffman, c/o College of Allied Health, PO box 26901, Oklahoma City, OK, 73126. Review of applications will begin June 15, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled. Selected applicants will be required to submit sealed official transcripts of highest degree. All questions regarding this position should be directed to Leah Hoffman, 405-271-2113, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEPARTMENT OF NUTRITIONAL SCIENCES: The Department is in the College of Allied Health, one of seven colleges on the comprehensive OU Health Sciences Center campus in Oklahoma City. The Department of Nutritional Sciences offers three degree programs (BS, MA, MS) as well as an interdisciplinary PhD to its approximately 100 students. Accredited dietetic programs include the Coordinated Program and Dietetic Internship. Our Department is in a dynamic period of growth in teaching, including the Interprofessional Educators and Practitioners Association. Additionally, numerous opportunities for research collaboration on campus are available with the Harold Hamm Diabetes Center, NCI-designated Stephenson Cancer Center, Hudson College of Public Health, College of Medicine, and others. Further information about the Department can be found at the Department website https://alliedhealth.ouhsc.edu/Departments/Nutritional-Sciences.
The University of Oklahoma is an AA/EO employer, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.