The work location for this position is the Indiana University Fort Wayne campus in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
The Department of Health Sciences in the School of Health & Human Sciences, Indiana University, on the Fort Wayne campus invites applications for a 10-month faculty position beginning August 1, 2020. This is a one-year appointment renewable for a second year. Rank and salary will be commensurate with expertise and academic credentials. The successful applicant will have the ability to teach and mentor undergraduate (BS) students in both face-to-face and online courses and will be responsible participating in and assisting with the IUFW First Year Experience. The Department of Health Sciences is headquartered on the IUPUI campus with the Fort Wayne campus serving as a satellite campus. The department on the Fort Wayne campus offers a BS in Health Sciences (BSHS). Additionally, the department offers two undergraduate certificates: Gerontology and Rehabilitation and Disability Studies. Students earn undergraduate certificates in conjunction with the BSHS.
The person selected will:
1. Teach 4 courses per semester (fall/spring)
2. Maintain communication, assessment, and reporting lines to the Department of Health Sciences at IUPUI
3. Promote and manage internship experiences for the Fort Wayne students.
4. Promote and manage capstone experiences for the Fort Wayne students.
5. Oversee the assessment of Fort Wayne student learning outcomes in the BSHS.
6. Mentor students and provide professional, university and community service
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2019, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The starting date for the position is Fall 2020.
Application materials should include: a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, and names/contact information for three references.
For more information on the position, please contact Dr. Kathy Berlin (email@example.com). Additional information on the Department of Health Sciences housed within the School of Health & Human Sciences can be found at https://shhs.iupui.edu/ .
Indiana University pledges itself to continue its commitment to the achievement of equal opportunity within the university and throughout American society as a whole. In this regard, Indiana University will recruit, hire, promote, educate, and provide services to person based upon their individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Indiana University shall take affirmative action, positive and extraordinary, to overcome the discriminatory effects of traditional policies and procedures with regard to the disabled, minorities, women, and veterans.
The ideal individual will have excellent interpersonal and teaching skills, strong analytical abilities, and enthusiasm in both teaching and research. We also seek candidates with a demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the institution’s students and employees.
Individuals who require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the search process must notify the School’s HR Business Partner, Paige Hummel, at firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance.
• Master’s Degree in Health or Rehabilitation Sciences or complementary disciplines including but not limited to public health, health promotion, epidemiology, behavioral medicine, health education, or nursing.
• Demonstrated potential for success in teaching.
• Experience in college classroom teaching.
Additional Preferred Experience:
• Experience distance education and teaching online classes.
• Student advising experience
Apply here: http://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/8327