Andrew Balas, PhD
Dean and Professor
College of Allied Health Sciences
Georgia Regents University
For many years, I have been serving as allied health Dean and also active member of ASAHP. Being part of our professional Association has been a true privilege, great networking and excellent learning opportunity.
If elected to serve in our Nominations and Elections Committee, I would like to help soliciting and selecting the very best candidates for our leadership positions. I am also committed to supporting the election process of our Association. In this office, we should promote coordination, communication and collaboration with a focus on our strategic objectives.
- Treasurer, Southern Deans Association (Current)
- Panel Chair, Allied Health Research ASAHP 2008 Conference
- Board Member, Allied Health Research Institute – AHRI (Current)
- Chair, AHRI Research Committee
- Member, ASAHP Health Policy Committee
Other relevant experience:
- Conference Chair, NIH-FNLM-Research! America
- Board Member, Friends of the National Library of Medicine