Augustine (Austin) Agho, Ph.D
Dean and Professor
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
The Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions (ASAHP) is recognized for its advocacy and commitment to the advancement of allied health education by promoting collaborations and partnerships and strengthening research and scholarship. In order for ASAHP to continue to play its historical role of championing and addressing current and emerging allied health education and related issues, the organization will need a cadre of dedicated individuals who are willing to serve in various capacities. I would consider it a privilege to serve on the Nomination and Election Committee with the expectation of working with the leadership of ASAHP to identify and encourage individuals from diverse academic and professional backgrounds to run for vacant positions.
Over the last 22 years, I have taught health care management and leadership courses and conducted research on a wide range of topics including utilization of health services and health disparities. I joined the Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis as Dean of the Indiana University School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences in 2008. Prior to assuming this position, I served as the founding Dean of the School of Health Professions and Studies at the University of Michigan-Flint for six years. My academic degrees are Ph.D in Hospital and Health Administration from the University of Iowa, Master of Health Administration degree from Governors State University, and Bachelor of Arts in Management Science from Alaska Pacific University, Anchorage, Alaska.
- Current member, The ASAHP Nomination and Election Committee
- Member, Research Committee
Other relevant experience:
- Member, Accreditation Review Council and Consultant-Evaluator, The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. (2002- Present).
- Commissioner – Central Review Panel, Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) (July 2006- June 2010).
- Site Team Reviewer, CAPTE (2006-present)
- Member, Michigan Center for Health Professions (2006- 2008).
- Board Member, Whaley Children’s Center (2002-2006).