Nominations & Elections Committee – Leslie G. Portney
Leslie G. Portney, PhD
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
MGH Institute of Health Professions
I have participated in ASAHP activities for the past four years, since I assumed the Dean’s position at the MGH Institute of Health Professions. I have actively engaged in meetings and discussions, and am looking forward to becoming more involved. I see tremendous opportunities in being part of ASAHP, to develop a strong network as well as to influence professional education at the national level. I have a strong commitment to interprofessional education, and see ASAHP as a potentially powerful force, to bring health professions to bear in healthcare education policy. I have always been active in professional organizations, playing a strong leadership role in the APTA, especially with regard to education. I have chaired their accrediting agency, CAPTE, as well as served as the inaugural president of the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy. I look forward to contributing to the development of leadership in ASAHP as well.
- Member, Interprofessional Education Taskforce
- Active Member, N.E.R.D.S.
- Participant, Annual Conferences and Spring Meetings
Other Relevant Experience:
- Inaugural President, American Council of Academic Physical Therapy
- Chair, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (2003-2007)
- Chair, Council of Catherine Worthingham Fellows of APTA (2011-2014)
- Educational Consultant (1999-Present)
- Board of Directors, APTA – Education Section (2008-2010)