Clay T. Graybeal, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Westbrook College of Health Professions
University of New England
I have been at the University of New England for 24 years. My background is in social work, and I have been interested to discover how few social workers and social work programs are included in Colleges of allied health. I was on the faculty until about six years ago, when I transitioned to Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. In this role, I’ve had the opportunity to work with all twelve of our health professions programs and colleges at the University.
In 2010, I proposed and facilitated the formation of the Interprofessional Education Collaborative at the University, and also participated in the ASAHP Leadership Development Seminar. Over the past year I served as interim Director of the School of Social Work at UNE, and that has taken all of my energy. As I come off this year, I find myself interested in getting more involved in ASAHP, and in particular exploring the interprofessional education opportunities that are emerging at our institution and others.
I believe that ASAHP could and should continue to grow, to engage more colleges and programs, and to reach out to disciplines, like my own, that are under-represented in the organization.
- Leadership Development Seminar (2010)
- Attendee, Majority of Semi-annual Meetings
- Member, IPE Strategic Planning Group, ASAHP Annual Conference (current)
Other relevant experience:
- Author and Presenter, One Article and Six National Presentations on Interprofessional Education.
- Founder, Interprofessional Education Collaborative at UNE
- Director, Integrated Health Sciences (2009-2012)