Sharon R. Stewart, Ed.D.
Interim Dean and Professor
College of Health Sciences
University of Kentucky
I have been employed in several administrative roles since my appointment as a communication sciences disorders faculty member in the University of Kentucky College of Health Sciences in 1991, including Clinical Director, Division Director, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, and Interim Dean. As a faculty member, I was elected to the University Senate, appointed as Faculty Council Chair, and appointed or elected to a variety of committees and task forces across campus.
I have also been active in ASAHP as a member of the Leadership Program Team, HAH Editorial Board and Ad-hoc Reviewer, and Nominations and Elections Committee Member. I serve as Chair of the Education Committee. I am also active in my national and state professional association, serving as newsletter editor for the ASHA-affiliated International Affairs Association and secretary and convention director for my state association. I am also an accreditation site visitor for the ASHA Council on Academic Accreditation. I am a fellow of ASAHP and ASHA.
As a member of the Board of Directors, my goal would be to help ASAHP grow in its ability to provide a cohesive and strong voice for allied health for the purposes of improving quality of healthcare and advocating for the allied health professions. This will require the careful use of our resources to grow the size of our organization, increase our visibility, increase our communication and cooperation inside and outside the organization, and develop our advocacy skills individually and corporately.
A) 2012 Fellow Association of Allied Health Professions
B) 2010 Outstanding Member ASAHP Board of Directors Award
- Member, Nominations and Elections Committee
- Chair, Education Committee
- Editorial Board Member and Ad-hoc Reviewer, Journal of Allied Health
- Member, ASAHP Leadership Program Team
Other relevant experience:
- Interim Dean, University of Kentucky College of Health Sciences
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, UK CHS
- Communication Sciences & Disorders Division Director, UK CHS
- Communication Sciences & Disorders Clinical Director, UK CHS
- Accreditation Site Visitor (speech-language pathology) for the ASHA Council on Academic Accreditation