Phyllis King, PhD, OT, FAOTA, FASAHP
Professor, Occupational Therapy
College of Health Sciences
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
P.O. Box 413
Background and Aspirations
As a higher education leader and educator for the past 23 years, and currently serving as the Vice Provost and a Professor of Occupational Therapy at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, I have a clear understanding of the critical issues and opportunities facing the allied health professions.
My experience in the areas of government relations, designing high quality allied health education and programs in the areas of physical therapy, occupational therapy, communication sciences and disorders, biomedical sciences, kinesiology and exercise physiology, nutrition, and athletic training equips me to add value to ASAHP as a director. I am eager to participate in implementing the strategic plan that not only advocates and elevates the professions, but influences a global society to improve the quality and quantity of a workforce in the health occupations and professions. Of particular interest to me is strengthening collaboration and partnerships of members within ASAHP as well as the external organizations that assist in yielding a collective impact. I believe allied health professions play a crucial role in shaping the future of health care. I would like to offer my time, talent and expertise toward this transformation.
Activity I: Leadership Development Committee Member, 2012 - Present
Activity II: Editorial board member for Journal of Allied Health, 2011 - present
Activity III: Participant in the 2006 ASAHP Leadership Program
Experience I: 2014 Graduate of the Millenium Leadership Program through American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU).
· Full professor in Occupational Therapy and a licensed Occupational Therapist, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
· Program Director of Occupational Therapy, 2003-2007, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
· Department Chair for Occupational Therapy, 2004-2006, University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
· Associate Dean for the College of Health Sciences, 2008-2010, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Advisory Board Service
· UWM Lubar Center for Entrepreneurship Advisory Board Member, 2015-present.
· UWM Center for Aging and Translational Research Advisory Board Member
· UWM College of Health Sciences Advisory Board Member
· Executive Board Member for STEM Forward
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Allied Health
Work: A Journal of Prevention, Assessment and Rehabilitation
Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation
Journal of Symptom and Diagnostic Validity