Journal of Allied Health
The Journal of Allied Health is the official publication of the Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions (ASAHP) . The Journal is the only interdisciplinary allied health periodical, publishing scholarly works related to research and development, feature articles, research abstracts and book reviews. Readers of The Journal comprise allied health leaders, educators, faculty and students.
Subscribers to The Journal consist of domestic and international college and university libraries, health organizations and hospitals. Almost 20% of subscribers, in the last three years, have been from outside of the United States. Subscribers include the World Health Organization, the American Medical Association and major universities.
View a Free Article from
The Journal of Allied Health!
Volume 41 Issue 3
Clinical Education from a Specialized Accreditation Viewpoint:
A Report of the ASAHP Clinical Education Task Force
Barbara D. Romig, MS, MBA
Julie O’Sullivan Maillet, PhD, RD
Patricia M. Chute, EdD
Robert J. McLaughlin, PhD
Our technology partner, Ingenta, provides all Journal of Allied Health subscribers with online access to the quarterly publication at no extra charge.
Benefits of the online version include:
- Multi-Format Delivery Options Users can view documents using PDF and RealPage Details on how to install the appropriate document browser(s) can be obtained from
- IP address or username/password validation
- Cross-journal searching of full text, abstracts, keywords, TOC, and references
- Document-to-document reference linking
- Active Reference Links to major Abstracting and Indexing Services and major full text publishers participating in CrossRef Document delivery service via deposit account or credit card payment
- Fast download, browsing, and printing times supported by a global network of dedicated servers
- TOC alerting service
- Helpdesk support from Ingenta
Non – Subscriber Access
Alternatively, non-subscribers can purchase articles from the Journal of Allied Health online for $15 per article.
Individuals/Members–Username/Password Access Only
- Visit: http://www.ingentaselect.com/rpsv/cgi-bin/indivact.pl?issn=00907421 to request online access to the Journal of Allied Health.
- Enter details and choose a Username/Password if you haven’t already registered with the system.
- Your request will be forwarded to ASAHP subscriptions for verification.
- Shortly thereafter, you will receive an e-mail confirmation that your online subscription has been activated.*
Institutions–IP Address Recognition
If you haven’t registered with CatchWord, please visit: http://www.catchword.com/register.htm to register.
Next, go to http://www.catchword.com/activate.htm to request online access to the Journal of Allied Health.
Your request will be forwarded to ASAHP subscriptions for verification.
Shortly thereafter, you will receive an e-mail confirmation that your online subscription has been activated.
*Once your request has been received, you should be able to access your online subscription within one week.
You will receive an e-mail notification when your access is set up.*
To access the Journal of Allied Health please go to: